Sunday, February 20, 2011

Queen Esther: A Heart of Gold

I first mentioned my work with Save A Child's Heart  (SACH) just a few weeks after my initial meeting.  Now nearly 4 months later, I wanted to share a video with you of one of our current children in Israel.  Esther is a 9-year-old orphan from Tanzania who traveled to Israel for life-saving heart surgery.  Fortunately, now Esther is back in the children's home and healing nicely.  Her bright smile and gentle hugs warm my heart when I see her in the house. 

I have found a home in SACH and strongly believe in the work of this organization.  Whether it is Save A Child's Heart or any other deserving organization, I encourage you to find a charity with whose mission you connect and give a little time and treasure to make this world a bit better than we came into it.  I promise you'll get double the blessings than you will give.

Esther's story: http://www.jerusalemonline.com/specials12.asp

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the video. I wish that more people would see what good Israel does rather than continuing to be ignorant and be biased against the country.

    ReplyDelete